The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center is starting a farmer’s market just across the street from Adair Park! This market will be open on Saturdays from 9am-2pm. They look to begin on May 1st and run through September 30th. In addition, they are looking at this as an opportunity to employ 6 neighborhood kids, teaching them about owning your own business.
We will keep you posted as everything shakes out, but needless to say, this is exciting!
There are many new activities at the Kroc Corps Community Center for kids, teens and adults! Check out the list below, and visit www.kroccenteratlanta.org for more information.
- March 12: Film Making Workshop – Be the director, actor or camera operator in a teen video!
- March 13: Kroc Chef Atlanta – Free to enter, only 50 cents to eat! Proceeds go to support the building of a Church in Uganda.
- March 18: Summer Youth Employment Application Workshop – Kroc Center staff will help you complete your government applications.
- April 4-8: “Green Explosion” – Summer day camp from 9am-5pm for youth ages 7-12.
- June 1-August 5: Summer Day Camps.
If you have not checked out the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center, you really need to! It is just across Metropolitan from Adair Park, and is an absolutely beautiful facility. They have a workout area with many machines, an indoor running track, a lounge with games, indoor basketball court, classes, activies, nursery and much more.
This Saturday, and all next week is the perfect time to visit. They will feature free workshops, classes, activities, presentations and resource information about their services.
Fees to join are $10 per month for an individual and $20 per month for a household with a 3 month minimum term. Check out their website at http://kroccenteratlanta.org/ or visit their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/KrocCenter to get more information.