Know our historic district regulations before you renovate!
Welcome to the Adair Park Historic Preservation page. The Adair Park Historic District was established in the Adair Park Neighborhood in 1991. If you are building, remodeling, or making changes to the outside of your house this is the place that you come to find out what the rules and regulations are.
A couple of highlights of the regulations that everyone should know:
- You cannot add, remove, or change any window in your house without prior approval of the Preservation Committee and the Atlanta Urban Design Committee;
- You cannot change the type of siding on your house without prior approval of the Preservation Committee and the Atlanta Urban Design Committee;
- Putting up a new fence or replacing a fence might need prior approval (repairing a fence does not);
- In most cases you can take your house back to what it was if it’s been changed. Pictures of what your house used to look like can be found at the Atlanta History Center in Buckhead.
- Painting brick is forbidden;
- Removing any part of the chimney above the roofline is forbidden.
The historic district regulations were updated in 2020. Please download them and familiarize yourself with them.
*IF YOU ARE BUYING A HOUSE IN ADAIR PARK PLEASE CONFIRM WITH PERMITS AND CODE ENFORCEMENT THERE ARE NO STOP WORK ORDERS OR CODE ENFORCEMENT VIOLATIONS IN PLACE! THEY FOLLOW THE HOUSE (AND THEREFORE THE NEW OWNERS).
We want you as neighbors so please protect yourself!
Preservation Committee Chair:
Brent Potter: email@example.com