Thank you to everyone who joined us on Thursday for the grand opening of our new playground! It was a huge success and we had such a great time. You can find the photos here.
If you use these photos, please credit: Yantay S. Villain
And tag us at –
Special thank you to the following folks for making this playground happen:
- Becky O’Mara, Justin Vogel, Jaqai Mickelson, Melissa Kruse & Elise Blasingame – our committee of neighbors who worked diligently to raise the needed funds, choose our fabulous new equipment, and engage neighbors throughout the process.
- Alyssa Thys – our neighbor and incredible Events Chair who not only runs Porches and Pies, but also lends her expertise and time to making all of our playground events successful!
- Lindsey Trinkle – our neighbor and a talented designer who made our beautiful fundraising website.
- Kayla Altland, our partner at Park Pride who has been incredibly supportive and engaged throughout this process. A truly collaborative funder who we greatly appreciate for believing in our project!
- Aaron Weiner at the Department of Parks & Recreation who truly does the job of at least ten people and has been a consistent friend of greenspaces and parks in our communities.
- Michael Hinson at Playground Creations (and Stephanie and Brandon – our wonderful installers) for their high level of professionalism throughout the process and genuine dedication to making safe and fun spaces for our children (and adults!) to play.
- Ken & Jeannette at La Bodega – not only for sponsoring, but for showing up and feeding us delicious, delicious pupusa snacks!
- And of course, our amazing funders and sponsors for making this project a reality. We could not have done this without you.
We hope you will stay engaged in our park efforts, especially as we continue our efforts to complete the Muscogee Park at Brookline Triangle Project. If you would like more information about that project or how you can lend support, please reach out: email@example.com.