Adair Park Today needs volunteers to support our efforts, particularly in communicating on behalf of the organization and leading our public safety intitiatives. Whether you are interested in volunteering on a committee, or leading one, we need you! Details on each role is excerpted from our bylaws. Reach out to Lawrence Miller, president of Adair Park Today, with your interest in volunteering.
The Communications Coordinator will create all official communications and public relations internal and external to Adair Park Today, Inc. A Communications Coordinator shall:
- Manage and send official correspondence on behalf of Adair Park Today, Inc. as requested by the President.
- Assist the Recording Secretary of the Corporation and serve in the position of Recording Secretary in his/her absence.
- Manage updates on the Adair Park Today website.
- Create and manage distribution of the neighborhood newsletter.
Pubic Safety Committee:
The Public Safety committee will maintain dialogue and partner with the Atlanta Police Department to enable reduction of crime and vagrancy in Adair Park.
1. Committee members will determine the tasks and projects achievable during the year, and may maintain a Neighborhood Watch program as resources allow.
2. Committee members will identify and implement pedestrian safety projects such as traffic calming, crosswalks, signage, or speed monitoring.
3. Other duties may include: acquiring Neighborhood Watch signage; organizing public safety activities such as National Night Out, and communicating updates about or participating in CourtWatch.
Not ready to lead? We still need committee members!
Reach out to Lawrence Miller, president of Adair Park Today, with your interest in volunteering.