The CIF Board is a great way to support our neighbors complete amazing projects in NPU-V! During 2015, Elise Blasingame and Becky Katz served as Adair Park’s representatives on the Board. Please consider nominating yourself and/or others to serve for 2016! See details and application below:
Dear NPU-V Neighbor,
It is our desire to invite you and others you may know across the NPU-V neighborhoods to apply
to become an Advisory Board Member for the Community Investment Fund of The Annie E. Casey Foundation’s Atlanta Civic Site. The Atlanta Civic Site (ACS) is pleased to kick-off the 2016 Community Investment Fund (CIF), The Atlanta Civic Site partners with community members to fund resident-led projects in NPU-V neighborhoods that focus on ACS’s priority areas: Education
Achievement, Neighborhood Transformation, and Family Economic Success.
The Role of Community Investment Fund Advisory Board Members
The Board will review, select and manage funding for community projects, with support from ACS staff. Please note that Board members and groups they lead are not eligible to apply for Community Investment Fund grants; individuals interested in applying for funding should not apply for board positions. We will distribute more information about the grant application process once the Board has been assembled.
Below are some additional guidelines to consider before applying to the Board:
• The board will be comprised of a maximum of 13 people. We seek representation from
all NPU-V neighborhoods;
• We ask that you disclose affiliations with groups that are currently active in NPU-V.
During the grant selection, Board members must recuse themselves from the decision making process if an organization that they are affiliated with applies for funds;
• We are committed to assembling a Board that represents the diversity of the community. Emerging leaders or those who are new to community work are encouraged to apply. We are especially seeking to include some youth and young adult members this year;
• Board members will receive training necessary to carry out their responsibilities. No prior experience is required;
• Board membership will require a time commitment of 5-10 hours per month on average. This includes a required orientation, monthly meetings/workshops, and additional time for working with grantees;
• We are requesting a commitment of at least one year, beginning in February 2016. Board members terms are renewable annually, and they may serve for up to 4 years.
The ideal applicant is detail and deadline-oriented, has a strong commitment to NPU-V, and an interest in developing his/her leadership capacity. Semi-finalists will be interviewed the week of January 11th by a selection committee.